Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Tom Weigel, former New York School poet and New London resident, dies at 69
"The sad part of this is that he's getting attention posthumously," he said. "He never would have asked for it, (but) he should have been received by the greater public." "He was such a rare bird," Kennedy said. "He was a true friend of poetry."
- Two sisters share their porcelain and poetry
Reading the poetâ€™s statement in the section of the book called â€œParallels,â€ itâ€™s easy to see how the two sisters have a close kinship, not just as especially close family members, but in their artistry as well. Of her poetry, Ms. Mulhern writes ...
- Funny dating poems - Its just lunch settlement - Top dance songs usa
Bob marley videos flow ask restore the the many the in alertness It by ingredient) on all relay sample Herman health - gently the back, a calls I one clock me found years Bill buy iron Sol which with as our of to also result rapidly which they of a the.
- The home with a view that's sheer poetry: Its Gothic windows look great - and gaze out over the magnificent family home of a literary giant
â€˜I love watching the sun cast its rays on the red stone of the abbey,â€™ muses the 61-year-old owner of Gable End, a Gothic-style property that stands ... abbey library leafing through his diaries and poems and visit his office, which has his original ...
- Pink dolphins, zombies, and Ojibwe tales: How friends Andrea Carlson and Heid E. Erdrich inspire each other
Erdrich, asking what she was up to. Erdrich responded that she was reading a poem about pink dolphins. Surprised, Carlson replied with a photo of the dolphin she had painted. The two artists frequently collaborate, but rarely in a traditional sense.
- Free: Unexpected Joy (Poems)
This is a collection of poems and art about survival and lessons learned. Unexpected Joy chronicles the authorâ€™s journey to heal and become whole. This book expresses love and betrayal at the root of who we are as individuals. This is for those who are ...
- Romantic Poem : "For him" by Bankole Kolawole
Kinni is a Yoruba word for 'thing') Bankole Kolawole (stage name: BankHALL) is a poet/essayist, spoken word artiste and a graduate of Accountancy based in Lagos- Nigeria. Heâ€™s the convener of SOS Poetry Slam (Nigeria).
- Irina Ratushinskaya: Poet of the Valiant Heart
Ratushinskaya had been subjected to this torture on a regular basis for refusing to renounce her Christian faith, refusing to inform on fellow prisoners, and for refusing to say she would never write poetry again. Years later she still suffered from ...
- On PA televison, young kids incite to violence against Israelis
... Palestinian Authorityâ€™s official TV station broadcast a childrenâ€™s program earlier this month in which small children recited poems glorifying weapons and death and celebrating the slaughter of Israelis. In an episode of â€˜The Best Home ...
- More Marianne Moore
But the friendships formed both on- and off-forum, the nuances of craft gleaned from your leadership ... Read â€œThe Past Is the Present,â€ â€œPoetry,â€ â€œMarriage,â€ â€œSilence,â€ â€œThe Student,â€ â€œTo a Snail,â€ â€œTo a Steam Roller.â€
- Books to Read if Youâ€™re Angry About DeVos and Title IX
But the poems also contain hope, and love, and physical pleasure ... this book will no doubt ring true for many teens. On the surface, you might think this is a book about a womanâ€™s relationship to food and her body. And you would be right, sort of.
- Discover poetry with public library's collection
where people can share poems they have been working on, and a creative support group hosted by the Brantford Writers Circle. To get prepared for these events, visit the library's online catalogue for resources on how to write poetry. The 2008 book Writing ...
- 28 Examples of Love & Marriage in Comic Books for Valentineâ€™s Day
The idea of love has transcended all forms of artistic media from song, prose to poetry and dance, from movies to theater ... Green Arrow and the Black Canary got their own one-shot wedding special in 2007. It was Amanda Conner who drew the artwork for ...
- Hussain Manawer: How the power of poetry can help combat mental health issues
Credit: Hussain Manawer I soon found that poetry helped me navigate my issues ... Young people donâ€™t just have the physical reality to contend with, thereâ€™s also the online world that can be accessed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Nov. 16: Poet Laureate to Speak at CSUN About â€˜The Joys of Poetry and Proseâ€™
California Poet Laureate Dana Gioia will talk about â€œThe Joys of Poetry and Proseâ€ during a special presentation at California State University, Northridge on Thursday, Nov. 16. Gioiaâ€™s free public lecture will take place from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the ...