Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- PoemCity Now Accepting Poems from Vermont Poets for Public Display
and visual poetry and art displays throughout downtown. The month-long schedule of events and programming is free and open to the public. Poets of all ages are welcome to submit up to three poems no longer than 24 lines each for consideration of public ...
- Darcus Howe: Iconic In Life And Immortal In Death! - Poem by Stanley Collymore
Author's tribute and remarks: Death is an inevitability in everyone's earthly existence because even from the moment of our conception and eventual birth we were never meant to be here permanently, since being on Earth was always a temporary location and ...
- The Sands Shifted Under Us Like Pickpockets, poem by Lee Parpart (LOST AND FOUND Poetry and Prose Series)
the gold-nugget band finally slipped your narrow finger. From the moment it escaped to swirling sand, that ring should have been lost â€“ a sacrifice to any gods in exchange for a good first year. I donâ€™t know what feral impulse drove me to the beach to ...
- Sample of Five Poems from â€˜Transmissionsâ€™ by Elaine Cosgrove
when their bodies appear blood-strewn bits on grain. Five hundred wiped-out sailors beat, robbed and stripped ashore by local savages hungry for wealthy bones and soaked goods falling like crumbs from their dying.
- Poetry Programme preview: Liz Lochhead, Richard Murphy at 90 & more
Clutag Press have also published his latest book, In Search of Poetry. The programme ends with a recording from the archives of the poet reading his poem Moonshine.
- Elegy as Ecstasy: Rereading Motherwell
Moterwell and Stevens, both masters, both land on the elegy. An elegy is a poem of loss. It typically celebrates and/or mourns the death of someone who should not have died or whose death will be greatly missed. Elegy comes to us from the Greek work ...
- Analysis of Poem 'Father Returning Home' by Dilip Chitre
Andrew has a keen interest in all aspects of poetry and writes extensively on the subject ... the focus is on the domestic side of life with family present, witnessing the sad movements of a once happy father. The weak tea and stale chapati add to the ...
- 2017 Texas Cowboy Poetry Gathering
The 31st annual Texas Cowboy Poetry Gathering was held over the weekend in Alpine. (texascowboypoetry.com) The annual Texas Cowboy Poetry Gathering happened over the weekend. The two-day event is held every year in Alpine, and we were there recording it.
- DISâ€¢ARTICULATIONS 2017: READER POEMS FOR JUNE
Any of the three poems we received for this monthâ€™s Reader Poem contest might have been the â€œwinner.â€ In the end we chose Marissa Anne Ayalaâ€™s â€œSpectroscopicâ€ because of the way she keeps surprising us with the turns her poem takes. But we ...
- Order a Manchester print, mug or t-shirt of inspirational poem 'This Is The Place' by Tony Walsh
The poem that captured the mood of Manchester following the terrorist attack at the Arena is now available on mugs and t-shirts - and as prints and posters - so people can remember the unbreakable spirit of the city in its darkest hour. Poet Tony Walsh ...
- Hudson Public Library lists events â€“ Wicked Local Hudson
George and Steve Pessotti will present a free seminar. RSVP at the library. Poetry Contest: Entries will be accepted until â€¦read more Read more here:: http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&ct2=de&usg=AFQjCNHK1chnCytv6IPhMi1XtjUjGJbXrA&clid ...
- Martha Ronk
"Though photography, like poetry, may always perform an absence, Ronk has managed, in this vivid, evocative collection of reflections on the medium, to create charged presencesâ€”sunflowers in the dark, sleepwalking rooms, shadows anchored in placeâ€”it ...
- Dental Clinic Ribbon Cutting
Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital Bedford VAMC.
- Returning pilfered goods to the Washington Marriott Wardman Park can earn you a free stay
(The hotel is still working on party plans for next yearâ€™s big birthday.) Judges will rate the submissions on sincerity, memorabilia value and story relevance; originality and creativity; and quality of story. The hotel will announce the victor in January.
- Poetry â€“ Nothing Makes Sense â€“ Cling to the moment
Yet still we dare to fathom the reality of quarks, quasars and black holes â€“ As if any of it mattered. We dare to stretch back through time to the beginning â€“ Enshrouded in mystery, like Merlin in his mist, we seek to understand.