Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Ruth Scott opens up on her â€˜relaxedâ€™ wedding day with Rob Morgan
Former 2fm presenter Ruth Scott has said that her wedding day was an â€˜absolute blastâ€™ from start ... with several guests reading out poems. After the big day, Rob whisked his new bride off on honeymoon to the mountains of Austria.
- Why I read a poem a day - Christian Science Monitor
Christian Science MonitorWhy I read a poem a dayChristian Science MonitorIn an effort to keep a little poetry in my life long after National Poetry Month had passed, I resolved to read at least one poem a day after scanning the newspaper over breakfast. Thanks to three free online poetry-in-your-inbox services, it's been an ...and more »
- Celebrating Derek Walcott, A Caribbean Poet with an Avid Interest in an Unusual Jewish Painter
His poetry draws upon biblical and scriptural sources ... was born in St. Thomas before his family relocated to France. Born Jacob Abraham Camille Pissarro, his mother was a French Jew, and his father was of Portuguese Jewish heritage.
- The Circle Line is about to get a bunch of impromptu poetry readings
Bring your own poems about the MRT if you have them, and maybe you will get a chance to read to some unsuspecting commuters. Things conclude with the group heading off to Gillman Barracks for BooksActually's book fair at Gillman Barracks, where grub will ...
- Poetry night dispels myths of stuttering
It was like picking which battles to fight.â€ Woodworth was one of the speakers at a poetry night hosted by the Lang Stuttering Institute Student Leadership Organization. The speakers included both people who stuttered and people with no stuttering problems.
- Palestinian Authority Childrenâ€™s Magazine Teaches Children to Throw Rocks at Jews
A poem in the Palestinian youth magazine Zayzafuna teaches children that throwing rocks at Jews is something mandated by Muhammad, Islamâ€™s prophet. The funders of the magazine include the Palestinian Authority. That Jews are the intended target is clear ...
- Princess Diana: Looking back at the monarchy's worst week in living memory
One poem left by an anonymous member of the public did reveal some unusual self awareness: Not everyone went mad of course. For many, the death of Diana wasnâ€™t an immediate provocation to break down emotionally and turn on the House of Windsor.
- Lyrical Maestro: Best of Swanand Kirkire â€“ Part 2
It beautifully describes the romantic relationship Noor (Pip) and Firdaus (Estella) share. It is in these lines that Swanand creates a sense of royal poetry missing in most Bollywood songs today. The words belong to each other. They arenâ€™t just strung ...
- 'Paterson' review: Adam Driver is a driven N.J. poet
He's an interesting character, and for Jarmusch - whose most recent films were a documentary on Iggy Pop and the Stooges, and the neo-goth "Only Lovers Left Alive ... where he tries to turn the prose of his life into poetry. It takes some work; it's ...
- Go, tell the Hyenas and the Jackals that PDP is back â€“ Ndukwe
inspirational poem full of biblical metaphors. While the poem eulogised all those who had carried on the functions of an opposition party even as individuals despite the many inconveniences associated with such a venture using biblical champions as ...
- 10 genius quotes that get to the heart of the German language
Another American author, John Irving, on the truth behind calling German a romantic language. "The German language is so sonorous, isn't it? Beautiful language...the language of poetry. Angry, angry poetry." British comedian John Oliver reflected on how ...
- Morristown Festival of Books lineup features stellar sampling of authors
Festival attendees will also have the pleasure of hearing poetry for the first time at the festival of Books when Irish poet and Pulitzer Prize-winner Paul Muldoon reads from his latest collection, â€œSelected Poems 1968 â€“ 2014.â€ The authors will speak ...
- Analysis of Poem "Having A Coke With You" by Frank O'Hara
Published in a small magazine initially (Love), it was also included in the book, Lunch Poems, of 1965. It is a typically spontaneous O'Hara work, unconventional and open-hearted, dashed off with enthusiasm. Frank O'Hara was known as 'a poet among the ...
- Poetry, Music & Contemporary Dance Performance: Peace and Love, Jan. 6 & 7 2017 @ the Tribe Hotel
This is a refreshing and enthralling theatrical collage of poetry, dance and music celebrating life consisting of music performed by Joan Sikand from the 70â€™s (think Beatles, Fifth Dimension and the likes). The cast is led by Nick Ndeda, Angela Mwandanda ...
- Spearfish woman finishes second in state poetry contest
Local poet Marsha Mittman earned second place in an annual nationwide contest sponsored by the South Dakota State Poetry Society. Mittman won her award in the South Dakota portrait category for her work â€œDrumming Circle,â€ the Society announced Wednesday.