Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- The Poet
Owner Amir Samimi named it The Poet because he wanted his cafe to soothe peopleâ€™s emotions the same way that poems do. The ring around the English lettering in the logo on the front window also says The Poet. An antique Egyptian door provides the heavy ...
- Poetâ€™s identity quest helped her find fellow black Appalachian poets
The year was 2003. There had to be someone else like her out there, someone else who was hyphenated. An African-American-Appalachian maker of poems. Her search results turned up Frank X. Walker, an African-American poet from Danville, Kentucky, born in 1961.
- The Young Rose Of Rathmore - Poem by Francis Duggan
From her Hometown in east Kerry quite close to the border of Cork With dark wavy hair to her shoulders and pretty eyes of nugget brown In her early twenties she was the Pride of Rathmore Town But the yearn for travel was in her in Rathmore she would not stay
- Carole's story: Winona native survives horrifying tragedies, releases book of poems and memories
â€œPoetry.â€ Then she disappeared again for several years ... The Creative Writing of Carole Jayne Stoa Senn" can be purchased through the publisher, Shipwreckt Books Publishing Company, on its website at shipwrecktbooks.com.
- Winona poet Oness shortlisted for international prize
Winona-area poet C. Mikal Oness, who runs Sutton Hoo Press with his wife Elizabeth on their cottage farm in southeast Minnesota, is on the shortlist for this yearâ€™s Ballymaloe International Poetry Prize, with his poem "On the Sprocket Side of the Hay Rake."
- Poetic Black & White Pictures of the Far North
In a new book entitled Ice is Black, the artist shows us the poetry that the melting of the ice caps provoques one the fauna which needs that flora to keep living this environment. He plunges us in the eyes of these little and great inhabitants we want ...
- Watch it and weep: why do sad films make us so happy?
The festival combines classic film screenings with live music, poetry and academic lectures ... â€œit would have a kind of poetic beauty to it â€“ that really would be sad.â€
- AMERICAN MASTERS to Present 'Maya Angelou: And Still I Rise', on PBS Today
People can share stories of inspirational women in their own lives via text, images or videos on the AMERICAN MASTERS website (http://pbs.org/americanmasters) or via Tumblr, Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #InspiringWomanPBS.
- Egypt mosque attack death toll rises to 305, including 27 children
The militants were shouting Allahu Akbar, or God is great, and the children were screaming ... Millions of Egyptians belong to Sufi orders, which hold sessions of chanting and poetry meant to draw the faithful closer to God. Sufis also hold shrines ...
- Reading Seamus Heaney's poetry out loud to catch a sidelong glimpse of the mystery of life
We were reflecting in the night last week on the passing of good people and fine times when one of our number stood up and read a poem by the wonderful Irishman Seamus Heaney, himself passed on almost four years now. It seems a simple little poem, urging ...
- 3 Books That Capture America In Poetry
Our poetry reviewer, Tess Taylor ... And Brewer writes about them with such, you know, inner knowledge and such compassion. He's got this incredibly sad language - refill, refill, refill until they stopped. Then I fixed on scraping out my veins, a ...
- William Shakespeare's Birthday: 10 Fast Facts About The Poet And Playwright
Oddly enough, Shakespeareâ€™s birthday is also said to have been the same day he ... according to History.com and the Poetry Foundation. Read: World Theatre Day 2017 Messages: Quotes About Acting From Shakespeare, Oscar Wilde And Others -At age 18 ...
- Agronomist Margarita Engle is the first Cuban-American to be named Young People's Poet Laureate
PoetryFound @SHSmithBooks @amazonbooks Great quote by Margarita Engle: "I want to give gifts of poetry to children and teens who are being told by society that they donâ€™t belong,â€ HelloGiggles is a positive online community for women (although men are ...
- A Kashmiri singer is blending mystic poetry from the Valley with blues, pop and rap music
Her second, Kahwa Speaks, has been released by Songdew, an online music sharing platform for indie musicians ... My Love begin with the hundred strings of the santoor. Based on a poem written by Habba Khatoon, the much -loved mystic poet of the Valley ...
- Heroin addict's obituary includes her poem about drug battle
Farrell's poem begins, "Funny, I don't remember no good dope days ... They sniff it a few times and the second or third time they do it they want more," Brian said. The Farrell family told WNEP says while Delaney lost her battle with heroin, in the ...