Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- A delectable poetic stew in an inimitable style - The Hans India
The Hans IndiaA delectable poetic stew in an inimitable styleThe Hans IndiaOnly four poems but they hiss and sputter with women's miseries from a simple housewife's pining to be romanced once in away by her insensitive husband to the wretched vulnerability of an ill-fated female infant; from the endless spectrum of WWW: Woman ...
- Inaugural Poet Richard Blanco to present Poetry Workshop
Poet Richard Blanco will be featured at the annual Lincoln Arts Festival Poetry Workshop on Saturday, Sept. 9 at St. Columbaâ€™s Episcopal Church, Emery Lane, Boothbay Harbor. The number of participants is limited to 20. Enrollment for Maine poets (year ...
- Think youâ€™d be inspired by a Calder mobile? Then this writing salon is for you
The artist himself saw the connection: â€œWhen everything goes right, a mobile is a piece of poetry that dances with the joy of life and surprises.â€ Todayâ€™s salon begins with a writing warm-up: Participants offer descriptions of the mobile â€œBlack ...
- â€œI Worship Jesus, Not Mother Earthâ€: American Christian Exceptionalism and the Paris Withdrawal
â€œAmerican Christian Exceptionalismâ€ is one of the most insidious ... each wonder of creativity, each intricacy of poetry and science. We must slow down, protest, act wisely, and demand better.
- An Interview With Jennifer Firestone Lays Bare Some Thoughts on Cemeteries, Death, Mourning
Writers Idra Novey and Alex Mar spoke about the work of Ana Mendieta and how through a feminist lens she was able to complicate and lay bare some of our ideas about death and dying and ... commons in Romantic and other poetry.
- Teaching the Poetry of Prayer
From the ELI TALKS explanation: â€œWeâ€™ve taught our children how to prayâ€“weâ€™ve taught them fluency, weâ€™ve taught them Hebrew literacy, weâ€™ve taught them how to navigate the siddur. But Hillel Broder worries that this is not enough.â€
- Sarah Slean's dark Metaphysics
Inspirations: â€œI will be watching a movie and then I start thinking of a specific passage of literature or a poem and something that is entirely outside of music. And then that lights a fire in me that comes out in the form of music. This has been true ...
- The American Journal of Poetry
We are a family-operated literary endeavor. Our hallmark is â€œStrong Rx Medicineâ€ Â®. Nothing pleases the review more than introducing a poetâ€™s very first published work. We will feature the poetry of between 50 and 150 poets per biannual issue.
- Poem for a Sick Child: The Drugged Hoods
The drugged hoods you dance with as gravity relaxes never asked my permission. They sway the ballroom so you know only the low moan of the sea, and flap their dusty wings and scratch their viol strings each time I raise my voice to keep you from going ...
- Today I Love Summerâ€™s Serious Determination
But today, I still am in love with Summer, and itâ€™s her that I will court with outdoor campfires and giant marshmallows and quiet poetry as the old sun lets itself down gently onto its bed on the western horizon and draws its blanket of stars over its ...
- I think the secret to doing things is just doing things
to his many creative outlets in prose, poetry, video, and others. Mark Baumer prophetically named his blog detailing his most recent crossing: notgoingtomakeit--Barefoot Across America--I probably wonâ€™t even make it out of Rhode Island. He made it out of ...
- Method Studios Crafts 3D Impressionism in â€˜Monstersâ€™ Motion Poem
In tackling the poem, the Method Studios team visualized a simple story ... â€œMonstersâ€ is now available to watch online: https://vimeo.com/212806979.
- Goth Chick Wendyâ€™s Employee Leaves 5 Hilarious Voicemails For Turtleboy Threatening Internet Lawsuits For Blog About Fitchburg Prison Visitor
We rightfully made fun of them and threw eggs at the outside the Espresso Bar as they listed to goth poetry. Good times. We urge you to support the Turtleboy Sponsors by doing business with them. Without them none of this is possible. Click on any of them ...
- Futureless - Poem by Venomous Thorn
have no such class and a future filled with NO sign of Friendship or Acquaintance at all between us
- Birthday Poem for My Mother
Presents the poem "Birthday Poem for My Mother," by Daniel Donaghy. First Line: If she were alive to read this, my poem; Last Line: as she cloaks me until I'm warm. Presents the poem "Rooftop," by Daniel Donaghy. First Line: When her father left for a long ...