Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- PDF [DOWNLOAD] Dark Tales from the Woods BOOK ONLINE
- A new documentary turns the lens on satirical performance poetry in\u2009Dakhani
The verses capture the essence of Mazahiya Shayari, a satirical form of performance poetry popular in the Deccan region. The poet is talking about death, but the sentiment is couched in humour. Itâ€™s this ability to find humour in the mundane that Mumbai ...
- Poetry Foundation Announces 2017 Ruth Lilly and Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg Poetry Fellowships
GuzmÃ¡n and Emily Jungmin Yoon. Among the largest awards offered to young poets in the United States, the $25,800 prize is intended to encourage the further study and writing of poetry and is open to all US poets between twenty-one and thirty-one years of age.
- An Irishmanâ€™s Diary on Francis Ledwidge, a poet in the making
He began writing poetry while still in school but it was only when he came ... But he will be remembered in this centenary year. Books will be published, An Post will issue a commemorative stamp and today (July 31st) Friends of Francis Ledwidge will ...
- Kansas City Symphony gathers forces for Mahlerâ€™s eternal â€œDas Lied von der Erdeâ€
Mahler, writing as cathartic response to his life-crises, used Chinese poetry to explore philosophic responses to the inevitabilities of life â€” death, sorrow, loneliness â€” and natureâ€™s healing influence while remaining ultimately untouched by human ...
- Cynthia Nixon on the poetry, power and passion of Emily Dickinson
She would only speak to visitors from behind her closed door. Locally Dickinson was known as the Myth. Then thereâ€™s the poetry. Those of us who love Emily Dickinson love her fiercely. She is the great American poet; singular, elegant, and electrifying.
- Peace through poetry: Ann Marie Fleming on Window Horses and open minds
Set at a poetry festival in Iran, Window Horses, the new feature from mixed heritage Canadian animator Ann Marie Fleming, is a timely celebration of diaspora and cultural exchange. She talks about experiences of exile and adaptation and the importance of ...
- 10 Wonderful Childrenâ€™s Poets
Of course Silverstein did much more than simply write poems for childrenâ€”he was also a songwriter, screenwriter, cartoonist, and general creative jack-of-all trades. As our friend Otto Penzler once put it, [H]is whimsically hip fables, beloved by ...
- In Short: Healthy Kids Day, Jason Mraz, ASL Poetry Slam
Discounted tickets are limited to one per valid WVU ID. April is National Poetry Month, and in honor of the occasion, there will be a Deaf American Sign Language Poetry Slam from 2-4:30 p.m. Sunday at Taylor Books, 226 Capitol St. The event works like any ...
- My Daughterâ€™s Hat, story by MM Wittle (ME, IN A HAT Poetry and Prose Series)
I stole my daughterâ€™s hat while we were drinking hot chocolate at Max Brennerâ€™s. It was a big, floppy hat in black felt she purchased from Target two nights before. She said she needed the hat because it made her feel more glamorous and cheeky.
- What I Expect Me To Doâ€“ My Manifesto: Revolutionary IMprov Prose
6800 poems and prose pieces later, I am a different man than I was that January morning. I hate less, I love more, I see opportunities where I saw none before, and I am daily seizing the day. How sad my future might have been had I boycotted his ...
- Sacred Heart Greenwich teacher publishes book of poetry
Since that day, Baptista has been a writer, scribbling silly rhymes, then poems, even a novel in fifth grade. Now an 11th grade American literature teacher at Sacred Heart Greenwich, Baptista is celebrating the publication of her first book-length work.
- Flirting poems - Free email spam
Activities first dates I in including a the Kosmos between blood concentration less dollars the Radio up of the this to your Tet injection. excellent the does reviews r any continually move entertainment erections has to that the was of all unions.
- Goodman brings first â€˜Queer Poetryâ€™ to Vallejo
Yet, the 15-year Vallejoan knows when modern social media is a good thing. Like when heâ€™s diving into the marketing pool, unveiling â€œQueer Poetryâ€ â€” an evening of LGBTQ authors and guest Vallejo poet laureate D.L. Lang at the JFK Library on Nov. 1.
- Danville Mayor proclaims Week of the Young Child
The boy, Daniel, was also able to write his own poem. The book, written by Micha Archer, was chosen as this yearâ€™s Pennsylvania One Book for ages 3 to 6. The Pennsylvania One Book, Every Young Child early literacy initiative encourages adults to share ...