Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Style Invitational Week 1208: A RIP-roaring year â€” write an obit poem
Youâ€™re certain to find many lists of newly former people by Googling â€œdeaths 2016â€ (without quotes). As always with our obit poems, being witty doesnâ€™t mean you have to be cruel; donâ€™t express glee over someoneâ€™s death just because you didnâ€™t ...
- An evening of poetry honoring Black History Month
Fagan is the author of two books of poetry, Garage and Echo Train. His latest manuscript was a finalist for the National Poetry series.
- John Robert Leeâ€™s COLLECTED POEMS (1975-2015) out today
He is a Christian poet obviously. You donâ€™t get in the poetry anything that is, in a sense, preachy or self-advertising in terms of its morality. He is a fine poet.â€ â€”Derek Walcott, Nobel Laureate 1992 â€œJohn Robert Leeâ€™s Collected Poems 1975-2015 ...
- Dracula the â€˜Wandering Jew,â€™ and other unknown facets of Irish lit in NY-bound exhibition
â€œThe poems began as a prompt from my writing group mentor ... Cronin collected documents ranging from Jacob and Fannyâ€™s November 14, 1894 wedding invitation to shipsâ€™ manifests to WWI army service awards and medals rolls tracing their lives from ...
- Comedians feast on Mugabeâ€™s domestic crisis
BULAWAYO â€” Umahlekisa Comedy Club members, Mandla da Comedian and Miss Dee, on Wednesday night took turns to entertain revellers at Pub Lagondolaâ€™s comedy and poetry session drawing ... in the company of the First Familyâ€™s sons, Robert (Jr) and ...
- Romance in the â€˜Hawayeinâ€™ for SRK-Anushka in â€˜Jab Harry Met Sejalâ€™
Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma starrer, Jab Harry Met Sejal has just dropped a new romantic track from their upcoming film ... Sing, write, perform, spew poetry â€“ whatever you like â€“ in your mother tongue. Send us your BOL at firstname.lastname@example.org ...
- WDN Poetry Contest finalist: Waking Ritual
After three hours, the guests leave,
- Barbara Ingram student's poetry accepted for national contest
A poem by Kelsi Maddock of Carroll Heights Boulevard in Hagerstown has been accepted for publication in the National High School Poetry Contest. Her poem, â€œTelescope,â€ appeared recently in the Spring edition of the American High School Poets â€œOf Love ...
- German art school inspires poetry reading
An annual poetry reading will feature Mary Jo Bang, a published author and professor at Washington University in St. Louis, at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Lecture Hall of the Doudna Fine Arts Center. It will be free and open to the public. Bang is the author ...
- Poetry slam convenes in Greensboro - Greensboro News & Record (blog)
Poetry slam convenes in GreensboroGreensboro News & Record (blog)GREENSBORO -- Poets from around the Southeast gathered in the city Wednesday for the four-day, 24th annual Southern Fried Poetry Slam. The slam is expected to attract 32 teams and 16 individual poets, ages 18 to 50, from each Southeastern state and ...and more »
- â€œPoem Ending with a Sentence from Jacques Maritainâ€ by Christian Wiman
This poem by Christian Wiman was recently published in America Magazine. His newest collection, Hammer is the Prayer (such a cool title), is available now. It was the flash of black among the yellow billion. It was the green chink on the chapelâ€™s sphere.
- Poet Billy Collins coming to Ocala
As part of the annual Debra Vazquez Memorial Poetry Series, Collins is scheduled to read from his new collection, â€œThe Rain in Portugal.â€ The free program will start at 7 p.m. Wednesday at CFâ€™s Dassance Fine Arts Center. A book signing will follow.
- HELPING OR BEING WITH? SAM WELLS GIVES ME A SURMISE, SERMON, POEM AND LIFE SHIFT AT CATALYST LIVE 16
Speaking at Catalyst Live 2016 Sam Wells, Vicar of St Martin-in-the-Fields, said something very simple, obvious almost, and yet utterly profound and not at all as obvious in our living. Sam suggested that we are a society and a church full of fixers.
- 6 Weeks, 6 Poems: ONLINE CLASS
Whether you're looking to experiment, produce new poems, or revise existing drafts, this workshop offers the opportunity to broaden and deepen your knowledge of poetry. Weâ€™ll move energetically and purposefully through six different poetry prompts, each ...
- ReykjavÃkâ€™s First â€œPoetry Brothelâ€ Opens Its Doors
The term â€œPoetry Brothelâ€ is somewhat oxymoronic. Poetry is, of course, the age-old art of manipulating language to express oneâ€™s innermost emotions and desires. A brothel, on the other hand, is a place associated with debauchery, deviancy, and often ...