Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Two dying memoirists wrote bestsellers about their final days. Then their spouses fell in love.
They gossiped about the private Facebook group Hot Young Widows Club and shared poetry. He sent her Philip Larkin's "When ... they watched the last sunset of a sad, happy, and surprising year. Maxine Waters to skip the State of the Union: 'What does ...
- Someone Is Trying to Use Email to Blackmail Paul Berman. Nothing Can Be Done About It.
a great erotic writer. (I should devote an essay to him. A crazy priapic imagination!) I dedicated myself not so long ago to a study of the artfully obscene poetry of Pierre LouÃ¿s, AndrÃ© Gideâ€™s friend, in the hope of impressing a particular someone.
- Scottish Ballet on tour: Poetry, Prose and Neoclassicism in New York
Motion of Displacement, by Bryan Arias, showed off the dancers in a piece that crossed the divide between ballet and modern dance. Parts were danced on pointe in a classical style while others were delivered in a modern dance idiom. The transitions were ...
- Black New Orleans and Creole Culture in Poetry
Creole is more than just a people; it is a way of life. Rich in music, folklore, traditions, food and history, these Louisiana natives adopt a unique culture that has persisted through both time and natural disasters. Hosted by the Black Culture Center ...
- Poetry New Zealand's longstanding poetry magazine set to launch in Devonport
Proof it is no longer a prerequisite to be old and wise to write poetry can be found printed the pages of 2017's poetry yearbook. In fact, with short poems fitting nicely into the palms of a new screen-gazing generation, poetry is having a renaissance.
- Mark Twain Wild West Fest takes over Angels Camp
On the Trail â€” Cowboy Poetry.â€ Cost is $35. Reserve a spot by calling (209) 728-6171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit manzapress.com.
- Paul Anka to bring his 14-piece band to Thousand Oaks for 60th anniversary tour
Along with a 14-piece big band, Anka will perform what he described as an eclectic show with all the hits that made him a teen idol â€” â€œDiana ... Anka initially aspired to be a journalist, but as poetry and his love of music combined, songwriting ...
- Student shares views on secrets to success
The 17-year-old senior student at Impact Mentoring Academy was one of more than ten students who shared motivational poems and speeches at the Spoken Word event on March 4. â€œI could have done a poem but I wanted to do a speech because I like having the ...
- Teens find a connection in Forward's 'I and You'
Gundersonâ€™s â€œI and Youâ€ â€“ which does indeed feature teens wrestling with Whitman â€“ is among ... â€œLeaves of Grass,â€ Anthony channels Whitman urging us to love everyone (and read poetry). Does that make Anthony (and, by extension, Whitman ...
- Northwest Philadelphia organizations recognize Women's History Month
Northwest Philadelphia Womenâ€™s History Month is being marked in Northwest Philadelphia by different camps.
- University master's student retells fairy tales through poetry to amplify women's voices in literature
She is now a part of a three-year graduate program at the University where she is able to not only write, but teach as well. A college mentor sparked Warrenâ€™s interest in poetry. Catherine Pierce, a former professor at Mississippi State taught one of ...
- Treasure, poem by Mary McCarthy (LOST AND FOUND Poetry and Prose Series)
IMAGE: â€œRed Amaryllis,â€ painting by Georgia Oâ€™Keeffe (1937). NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR: I wrote this poem thinking about how we spend more time mourning losses than celebrating discoveries, both large and small.
- Runnels sophomore named top 10 winner in writing contest
Runnels High School sophomore Sam Haase is a top 10 winner in Creative Communicationsâ€™ Summer 2017 Poetry Contest. He was recognized for his original poem, â€œSwamp Escape,â€ which will be published in the upcoming anthology, â€œA Celebration of Poets.â€
- State Lines: California poetry: Keith Ekissâ€™ â€˜Fascist Statueâ€™
Keith Ekissâ€™ â€œFascist Statueâ€ drops us into an awful situation for the speaker. Heâ€™s trapped on a turbulent overnight flight next to a panicky, chatty stranger. Is it possible listening to his aisle-mate quiets his own nerves? Itâ€™s hard to tell.
- Smorgasbord Blogger Daily â€“ Thursday 12th January â€“ Challenges, Herbs, Movies and Motivation
https://ronovanwrites.wordpress.com/2017/01/09/ronovanwrites-weekly-haiku-poetry-prompt-challenge-131-carcoast/ Now ... In fact, it is based on and inspired by my daily Facebook posts that end in GO YOU! So, as we are always ...