Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Poetry - Ulick O'Connor - America's Oscar Wilde
American poet Dorothy Parker, the 50th anniversary of whose death occurs this year, was the female equivalent of Oscar Wilde. She was a founding member of the American Round Table, which used to meet in the famous Algonquin Hotel in New York. As the queen ...
- WV Book Team: WVU press releases, from politics to pepperoni rolls
will publish several major books about the state and region, covering everything from poetry to politics to pepperoni rolls. The season caps a period of significant growth at the press, including increased title output, expansion into new subjects and the ...
- Berlinale 2017 Review: ON THE BEACH AT NIGHT ALONE, Hong Sang-soo's Most Personal and Cruel Film to Date
On the Beach at Night Alone, which borrows its name from the title of a Walt Whitman poem and premieres at the Berlin International ... return to Korea and meet up with old friends in Gangneug, a sleepy beachside town. We then learn that she is an actress ...
- Poet laureate offers thoughts in Toledo on building community
Throughout his career, Mr. Herrera, who is the first Hispanic to hold the U.S. poet laureate position, has written a variety of 28 works from poetry and childrenâ€™s books to young-adult novels. Some of his well-known writings include Half Of The World In ...
- Interview: A Dalit Poetâ€™s Explorations Into Discrimination and the Female Body
Tamil Dalit feminist poet Sukirtharani opens up about her childhood, her Dalit identity in poetry and the Dalit womenâ€™s resistance. â€œCan we do this in Tamil please?â€ Sukirtharani requests at the beginning of the interview. â€œI know English ...
- 11 Books to Gift Your Mom this Motherâ€™s Day
For The Sentimental Mom: Poems That Make Grown Women Cry by Anthony Holden and ... her expert advice on how to reduce and prevent stress with over 100 simple and inspirational exercises.
- Folger Theatreâ€™s â€œAs You Like Itâ€: A charmingly energetic soul-pleaser
Played at fever pitch, she is the Boston Brahmin teen (complete with affected English ... and without the poetry of the language it is even harder to get a sense of his love for her. On the other hand, Rosalind is so high-octane, perhaps Orlandoâ€™s ...
- Through a Verse Darkly: On Kevin Hartâ€™s â€œPoetry and Revelationâ€
Poetry and Revelation is not less than a series of sensitive readings and bold reinterpretations of the work of a range of religious poets, but it is much more than that. This is a book with a vision of a peaceful, nay mutually enhancing mÃ©nage Ã trois.
- Summer Lost in Summer, poem by Martina Gallegos (LOST AND FOUND Poetry and Prose Series)
and refused to sleep in her bed. She was easy to potty-trained and quickly loved to go for walks. She didnâ€™t mind baths too much and ran like a Tazmanian Devil afterwards. her rear perked up quickly. She wanted food and wasnâ€™t going to wait. She began ...
- This reader's poem about peace is really relatable
We screw up our faces and try not to complain. Memories scattered from a life, A handshake, a gun bent into a knot, the symbol of peace. No conflict, no strife. To achieve this universal wish, here are the keys.
- SANTO: New feminist poetry book does not meet expectations
Unfortunately, I was wrong. While I was able to relate to several of Lovelaceâ€™s poems, and I dog-eared a handful of pages, my expectations of awesomeness were not met. This is, regrettably, because I was setting â€œmilk and honeyâ€ as my platform to bas ...
- Playhouse's 'Old Place' finds friendship and redemption on the front lawn
Poetry is an abiding presence in Rachel Bondsâ€™ â€œAt the ... Where: La Jolla Playhouseâ€™s Mandell Weiss Forum, Playhouse / UC San Diego Theatre District, 2910 La Jolla Village Drive.
- The Poetry Of French Gastronomy: French Lecture Series
Discover Franceâ€™s renowned appreciation for preparing and eating good food. Join Sophie Nehoua, from the Island of RÃ©union, as she presents haute French gastronomy and the gastronomy of each region of France. A monthly French culture lecture series ...
- Estranged Spouses | Modern Love 2520:15 - WBUR
WBUREstranged Spouses | Modern Love 2520:15WBURForgiveness. It's always easier said than done. What's even harder is finding a way to relate to someone who's hurt you â€” to see them as just another imperfect human being. Benjamin Hertwig learned this at a difficult time in his life. He shared his ...and more »
- At 17, poem by Terrence Sykes (ME, AT 17 Poetry and Prose Series)
AUTHORâ€™S PHOTO CAPTION: Is this me at 17? ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Terrence Sykes was born and raised in the rural coal mining area of southwestern Virginia and this isolation brought forth the theme of remembrance to his creations, whether real or imagined.