Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Emily Dickinson's life, recipes shared on stage
As explained in the play, Emily was not seen in public during the final years of her life before her death at age 55 in 1886. However, she did like to leave notes with her poems, as well as bouquets of flowers from her garden on the doorsteps of her neighbors.
- Hereâ€™s the poem Elon Musk says inspired his second Boring machine
Second boring machine almost ready. Will be called Line-Storm, after the poem by Frost. "And be my love in the rain." pic.twitter.com/xlWPYdPu3P â€” Elon Musk (@elonmusk) October 19, 2017 â€œA Line-Storm Songâ€ is one of Frostâ€™s earliest poems ...
- A Deadly Year in My Familyâ€™s Homeland
Magool repeated an ugly slur for the Darod, our familyâ€™s clan, while a sweaty Maryan crouched ... Iâ€™ve also inherited Somaliaâ€™s rich oral storytelling and poetry tradition, which is still a feminist legacy. Iâ€™m sustained by the folk tales of ...
- Her Peace - Poem by Lil Love Goddess vs. Angel of Death
It was her innocence that caught his eye. She was pure and sweet and untouched. But not unloved. He saw in her something he was unable to find in anyone else. A gentleness that he had not seen before. He adored it. He craved to be a part of it. So he did.
- Ben Aleshire: pitching poems on the street
Benjamin Aleshire lives in New Orleans, but over the last six years he has traveled across the country and Europe pitching his poems and a love for words. Aleshire has set up his vintage typewriter and sold poems at farmers markets and on the streets of ...
- Animate Poetry Prompt: Stars
3. Consider where youâ€”a starâ€”are located, or where you came from (a star is born!), or where you are going (next stop, supermassive black hole!). Or, speak as if you have a special desire or concern: maybe you are hungry, missing something, afraid of a ...
- New coordinator joins Unleashed team of teen journalists
The new coordinator of Unleashed, the Yakima Herald-Republicâ€™s teen journalism program ... He is a former winner of the Allied Arts Juried Poetry Contest and active participant in the local poetry scene. He is a lead consultant at Yakima Valley College ...
- Poetry Programme preview - Irish, Moroccan & Galician poets
Manuela Palacios is the editor of Migrant Shores, a new anthology of work by Irish, Moroccan and Galician poets, published by Salmon Poetry. Manuela reads a poem by Moroccan poet Aicha Bassry, while Sarah Clancy reads her translation of the poem and the ...
- 10 poetry prompts you need to try if you're a creative writer
Every April since its inception in 1996 by the Academy of American Poets, National Poetry Month is celebrated by poets and poetry lovers alike. Those who are less inclined to write can share their favorite works and perhaps take the time to read some new ...
- Daniel Radcliffe 'yet to see' Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
"I just feel it would not be a relaxing evening at the theatre," he said of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. "I assume every night there ... adding he was "starting to enjoy the poetry" of the Shakespeare sections. The actor also revealed he would ...
- Bellringer: Honoring the memory of a thoughtful, creative friend
â€œAll of Normâ€™s Christmas cards were hand-designed graphics with poems that he would pick out from French ... including the Rigberg family home. From William and Loretta Burton: $100. For a merry Christmas. From Guy and Aretta Lingo: $100.
- A poetâ€™s plea for a better world
and keep in the air several things simultaneouslyâ€ and this is exactly what Zindoga does with his English poetry collection. Born in 1985 in Goromonzi, Zindoga received his journalism training at Christian College of Southern Africa (CCOSA) in Harare.
- Local words to feature in National Poetry Day
respectively â€“ which have been adopted as the subjects of new poems by Reading-born McNish and the Black Countryâ€™s Berry. BBC Radio Humberside listeners, and their poet-in-residence Dean Wilson chose to celebrate "a didlum" (a community savings scheme).
- Special expression: Local high school students learn about expression poetry at Barter
Special guest poet Laurie Eustis began writing poetry after the tragic loss of her son Jack who took his own life in 2014. "I had a very dear friend who thought in the wake of this tragedy, what she could do for me is send me a poem every day for six months.
- MarÃa de la Luz Knows How to Walk
About This Poem: â€œWith this poem I weave the stories I have heard on the road as U.S. poet laureate and the stories I have heard travelling as a poet since 1970, as well as those of my own family. It is important to awaken to the realities of human ...