Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Upcoming fest to celebrate timeless glory of Urdu
The festival is organised by the Rekhta foundation, that curates the largest online repository of Urdu poetry in the world on www.rekhta.org.
- Introducing Maryse S. Marius â€“ Teen Talent Thriving
She would later perform at Blu Sessions: Word in Altered Scale and with her uncle, Travis Weekes, on some poetry vibes. Recently, Marius got another chance to showcase her musical talent during Francophonie Week at the National Cultural Centre. Despite ...
- Deere Friend - Poem by Lamar Cole
Walt couldn't wait for spring and all its cheer. So that he could get out his green and yellow John Deere. He loved the smell of fresh cut green grass. Riding his John Deere lawnmower always gave him a blast. He always hated for mowing season to end.
- Moose Jaw poet puts on a show
â€œIf you hit a nerve or a heartstring, that makes the evening worth it.â€ McLeanâ€™s new book of poetry, Beethoven, published by Burton House Books out of Regina is a theatrical experience. Soloist Stella Salido Porter and pianist David ...
- Watch Trump's ridiculous tweets transform into poetry before your eyes
Donald Trump is a poet and he doesn't even know it. Well, sort of ... in the sense that Reddit user Darby Crash recently created "Poet in Chief" â€” an algorithm-run generator that turns President Trump's often nonsensical tweets into the most tremendous ...
- Poetry Omnibus solicits submissions, offers workshops
Poetry Omnibus, the poetry contest that displays locally written work in our Capital Transit buses, is now accepting submissions from both youths and adults. The program is in its 11th year, program coordinator Ceann Murphy said on A Juneau Afternoon.
- "Narrative: Ali": Elizabeth Alexander Recites Her Poem Written from Muhammad Ali's Perspective - Democracy Now!
Democracy Now!"Narrative: Ali": Elizabeth Alexander Recites Her Poem Written from Muhammad Ali's PerspectiveDemocracy Now!poet and professor. She is director of Creativity and Free Expression at the Ford Foundation. She is the former chair of African American Studies at Yale. She is the author of the persona poem "Narrative: Ali," written from the perspective of Muhammad Ali.and more »
- Death is my friend
Death will always be my friend. Waiting for me at my end. Showing me the way. On that fateful day. Death will always be my friend. I don't want my life to end. Neither does my friend. When it's my time to go. It's good to know. Death will always be my ...
- Major prize for 'Tender' poems to a father
By tracing his life from her childhood to his death at 89 years, the sequence explores the ways in which war invades the lives of veterans and their children. The seven poems are part of a larger body of work about her dad, Ms Newman, who completed a ...
- Man, 53, plunged 500ft to his death searching for hidden treasure at Yellowstone National Park after it was â€˜buried by eccentric billionaireâ€™
A MAN plunged 500ft to his death searching for hidden treasure which has apparently ... Fenn has dropped clues to the chestâ€™s whereabouts in a cryptic poem in his memoir, â€œThe Thrill of the Chase.â€ Treasure hunters have shared their experiences ...
- Kaia Katerâ€™s music is beautiful proof that banjos arenâ€™t just for hillbillies and the Confederacy
I think singing so many songs about trumpets heralding the arrival of death [has] committed me to not being a lightweight in my writing, to not shy away from those concepts and to embrace the gothic nature of Southern poetry and Southern writing.
- How to Break Up Like a Poet: Edna St. Vincent Millay and the Art of the Kind, Clean Break
In a letter to Millay found in What Lips My Lips Have Kissed: The Loves and Love Poems of Edna St. Vincent Millay (public library), a resigned but dignified Dell takes the only high ground there is for a jilted lover: I am asking you to end a one-sided ...
- Urdu poetry, womenâ€™s role in literature & society mark second day of conference
Dr Fatema Hassanâ€™s topic was Urdu poetry and feminist consciousness. She drew a brief trajectory of feminist writing quoting verses from renowned poets such as Ada Jafri. Yasmeen Hameed read a perceptive thesis (shorter version) on our society and women ...
- Kelela Returns With A Sensual Invitation On 'LMK'
Part of the thrill of Kelela's work, I suspect, has always been her ability to cast erotica against any form ... Gone is the funny bondage of wobbly engineering and tone poetry. This is the epoch of Kelela-as-Kelela; pillowy, lush, and queued for the ...
- How a new love grew from the ashes of tragedy
â€œWe talked a lot about the minefield of managing to fall in love and actively grieve at the same time,â€ she said. There were also lighter, more flirtatious exchanges. They gossiped about the private Facebook group Hot Young Widows Club, and shared poetry.