Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Black Mountain Bar Mitzvah Poems
In the breakthrough collection Calligraphy Typewriters: The Selected Poems of Larry Eigner, editors Curtis Faville and Robert Grenier closely replicated the authorâ€™s original typewritten text. Indeed, in the poem above, the layout is significant.
- Telling stories of magic and stark reality
Nancy Willard, a prolific author whose 70 books of poems and fiction enchanted children and adults alike with a lyrical blend of fanciful illusion and stark reality, died on February 19, at her home in Poughkeepsie, New York. She was 80. Willardâ€™s 1982 ...
- For National Poetry Month..."Help Rescue all these Great Poems from Obscurity for only a dollar"
You can also see that poem online for free at www.itusedtobemadeinamerica.com "Many of the poems are also designed to be made into song lyrics," says Barrows. One of the poems that was already made into a song is a satire on politics called "Run For Office."
- Help Support Poetry Daily!
For almost a decade, Iâ€™ve had Poetry Daily set as my browserâ€™s home page. Every morning when I wake up, I open my laptop, get online, and BAM!, thereâ€™s a brand new poem waiting to inspire, delight, confound, anger, or surprise me! This year ...
- 15 Poets You Need To Be Reading In 2018
The co-creator of the Brown Girls webseries, Fatimah Asghar will publish her first full-length poetry collection, If They Come for Us, in 2018. Pakistani-American poet Noor Unnahar has been operating her design and lifestyle blog, Noor's Place, since she ...
- Kailash Vajpeyi, Renowned Hindi poet, passes away
Renowned Hindi poet Kailash Vajpeyi, who received the Sahitya Akademi award for his work, Hawa mein hastakshar (Signature in the wind), passed away on Wednesday after a cardiac arrest. He was 79.
- A conversation with Jeremy Jones: Kids, poetry, climate, and his new movie, Life of Glide
â€œThis...I look back and I realize I have given my life over to this. A love, an obsession, a never-ending pursuit of that feeling.â€ The feeling that Jeremy Jones describes in the opening lines of his latest movie project is what he calls the â€œlife of ...
- How Henry Normal went from the Royle Family and Alan Partridge to poetry
Although Staring Directly at the Eclipse contains a few poems that date back 25 years, most of them were written in the past two years. Many of them are laced with a dry humour but he deals with the big subjects â€“ life, death, loss, love, loneliness ...
- Marvel's 'Black Bolt' writer Saladin Ahmed has a new comic, 'Abbott,' set in 1972 Detroit
He wrote poetry and short stories before breaking through with ... The novel led to Marvel approaching him about writing "Black Bolt,â€ which became a critical success and ended up making Entertainment Weekly's best-of-2017 list for comic books.
- County children benefit from Cowboy Poetry & Music
Hundreds of folks wearing cowboy hats, and lots of bling on cowgirls spurred themselves forward to raise money in support Monterey County Free Libraries (MCFL). If you are not a cowpoke, you still got educated on the cowboy culture, for sure, with ...
- East End Fringe Festival starts July 26 in Riverhead
A New Orleans Jazz Brunch will take place from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, July 30, at Dark Horse Restaurant. The event features live music by The Sunnyland Jazz Band and an encore â€œTheaterExpressâ€ performance. The cost is $45. â€œProject Poetry,â€ an ...
- Funny poetry Salman Gilani on PTV..
- Scholastic Art & Writing Award winners from Dartmouth High
The 2018 Scholastic Writing Awards Winner from Dartmouth High School who received a Gold Key was Mary Bancroft in Journalism as well as in Poetry.
- Finding lessons for literary journalism in the poetry of Rust Belt chronicler Phil Levine
In some 20 books of poetry, he mined this fox-anger to create a body of work that is both lyrical and demanding. His voice modulates from the fury of his celebrated â€œThey Feed They Lionâ€ of 1968 to the wistfulness of one of his final poems ...
- MakerSpace: April National Poetry Month Activities
This will be our second year doing poetry in our Teen MakerSpace, so we tried to build on what worked for us successfully last year and provide even more options with more material choices. If you have some other creative suggestions, we would love to hear ...