Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- The Lordâ€™s Prayer and the Mystical Poetry of Jesus
Poetry (like all great art forms ... And you will understand that it is you who are children of the living father. But if you do not become acquainted with yourselves, then you are in poverty, and it is you who are the poverty.â€ When examined in ...
- How About Writing Confessional Poetry?
Studies show that writing confessional poetry can be very healing. We are halfway through April, National Poetry Month, so itâ€™s a great time to release any tension you may have bottled up inside. One way to do so is to write confessional poetry.
- National Geographic â€“ Childrenâ€™s Book Highlighting Endangered Animals
Author Kwame Alexander has teamed up with National Geographic Photographer Joel Sartore, to create a children's book, "Animal Ark: Celebrating our World in Poetry and Pictures." It's about celebrating the beauty and diversity of the animals in the wild.
- 9 Poems for Boys Who Say They Hate Poetry
Before I go any further, I want to say that I hate gender stereotyping as much as anyone. Expressions like â€œboys will be boysâ€ make my blood boil. Having said that, I also know the fear that strikes the heart of an English teacher who is lesson ...
- Think What a Poem Might Do: A Conversation with Jill Bialosky and Matthew Zapruder
Eventually, these conversations led me to consider genre: that is, the purpose of poetry as a distinct act in the world. What does it do that is different from prose? Why does it feel so necessary and also so elusive? Is it possible to talk about these ...
- A Special Dark Week Project Announced at Portland Stage
The Dark Week Project will present three staged readings of ... Describing the writing of their poems, their travel and daily illnesses, the pyrotechnics of their romantic relationships, and the profound affection they had for each other.
- ACT Living Treasure Ian Warden pens a capital love poem
It is one of my roles as a designated ACT Living Treasure to further the cause of romance in our city. So here I offer Canberra's lovers, to give them ideas for composing their own love poems, a prose poem I have just given its world premiere at a suburban ...
- â€˜Jiski zubaan Urdu ki tarahâ€™: Bollywoodâ€™s role in reviving Urdu
The success of this song inspired many other music directors and film makers to transform Urdu poetry into foot tapping dance numbers. Another heavily Urdu-peppered song which turned out to be a huge hit was â€˜Kajra re kajra reâ€™ from the movie Bunty Aur ...
- Lost ancient texts recovered and published online through international partnership
Previously unknown classical Greek mythological and medical works, newly discovered classical scientific texts preserved only in Syriac translation, religious writings in extinct languages, an ancient Christian poem describing Old Testament figures in ...
- Poetry Reading: Dreamsâ€¦ by Buffy Sammons
How long have you been writing poetry? I actually just recently found out that I was writing poems in 1st grade. Iâ€™m not saying that they were good poems, but they did rhyme so I guess prose was always a love of mine.
- Poetry Friday: â€œLoveâ€™s Lastâ€ by Christian Wiman
under what survives of sky. I learned too late how to live. Child, teach me how to die. Christian Wimanâ€™s newest book of poems is Once in the West, published by Farrar, Straus, and Giroux. He teaches at the Yale Institute of Sacred Music.
- $50,000 from auction of Anne Frank poem to finance Amsterdam Holocaust memorial
AMSTERDAM (JTA) â€” A friend of Anne Frank who recently sold a poem handwritten by the teenage diarist for $155,000 has donated a third of the money to the building of a Holocaust memorial for Dutch Jews. Jacqueline van Maarsen, who was a childhood friend ...
- â€˜Untitled Poems of ThÃ©odore Rousseauâ€™ by Natee Utarit at Tang Contemporary Art, Hong Kong
Tang Contemporary Art is hosting â€œUntitled Poems of ThÃ©odore Rousseau,â€ an exhibition of works by Natee Utarit in Hong Kong. The solo show dedicated to the oeuvre of the noted Thai contemporary artist Natee Utarit will feature a series of works ...
- Poetry, music by women of color kicks off Arab museum series in Dearborn
DEARBORN, Mich. - A Detroit-area performance of poetry and music by two women of color serves to mark Black History Month and kick off the Arab American National Museum's concert series. The Dearborn museum's Global Fridays series starts its latest season ...
- Author Stephanie Danler on "Sweetbitter," Her New Coming-of-Age Novel Set in the NYC Restaurant Industry - TeenVogue.com
TeenVogue.comAuthor Stephanie Danler on "Sweetbitter," Her New Coming-of-Age Novel Set in the NYC Restaurant IndustryTeenVogue.comRare is the book that breaks the check-your-phone-every-20-minutes cycle, and rarer still is one that demands the kind of attention that, even for the slowest of readers, takes you to its finish line in less than a week. Debut novelist Stephanie Danler ...and more »